If you live in New Mexico, our class is what you need in order to get your resident adjuster license.

If you reside in Colorado, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri,
Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, and
Wisconsin, your best option is to obtain a Texas Adjuster License.  Please check this information
with the state licensing agency as requirements can change.  

If I Live in South Carolina, which adjuster license should I get?
You will need to get your SC Resident Adjuster license.  Go to www.brewerinsuranceschool.com  

What steps should I take in order to be hirable as an adjuster?

    1.Obtain your adjusters license.
    2.Get carrier certified (State Farm, Allstate, Liberty, USAA, etc).  These classes are    
       normally free or have a very low cost.
    3.Apply with one or several claims contractors.
    4.Go to an Xactimate (property) and/or Mitchell/Audatex (auto) training course.  This is
       where you will learn how to use the adjusting software.
    5.Attend a basic property adjusting course and/or a basic auto adjusting course  
       through one of the claims contractors (Worley, Eberls, Wardlaw, Pilot, etc).  Even
       though our courses are a great learning experience, it is our opinion that your money
       is best spent learning how to adjust losses from the company that hires you.  Some
       claims companies will want you to take their basic property and/or basic auto
       course from them before deploying you.

How many states will accept the Texas Adjusters License (Reciprocity)?

States currently known to us as states that reciprocate with

  1. Alabama                    
  2. Alaska                        
  3. Arkansas                                        
  4. Connecticut                                         
  5. Delaware                          
  6. Florida                             
  7. Georgia
  8. Idaho
  9. Indiana
  10. Kentucky
  11. Louisiana
  12. Maine
  13. Massachusetts
  14. Michigan
  15. Minnesota
  16. Mississippi
  17. Montana
  18. Nevada
  19. New Hampshire
  20. New Mexico
  21. North Carolina
  22. Oklahoma
  23. Oregon
  24. Rhode Island
  25. South Carolina
  26. Utah
  27. Vermont
  28. Washington
  29. West Virginia
  30. Wyoming
You may also adjust losses in the states that do not require an adjuster license as well as the states
listed above.

Will the VA or G.I. Bill assist with the tuition?   
Apparently not. We have attempted repeatedly to get answers from the VA but with no success thus

Is there a market for adjusters?  
The market for adjusters is no different than any other profession, with a notable exception. In this
industry, the market becomes much better following a major catastrophe such as Hurricane Katrina
or the North ridge earthquake.

Will I need More Training After Your Class?  
Put yourself in an employer's place. Would you prefer an employee who strives to be better than the
rest, or an employee who just got a license and nothing more?  Some employers prefer a licensed,
untrained and untainted person who can enter the workplace with no preexisting bad habits. Each
company has its own way of doing things.

Will those with no prior training or experience walk right into a high paying
job following our class?
As a general rule, no. However, without the appropriate license, there will be no chance of getting any
adjuster position.

We normally council those with no experience to talk to other employed adjusters and make up their
own mind about what's needed.

What's the difference between an adjuster, inspector and appraiser?
Following a covered loss, an adjuster, also called "claims representative", delivers the benefits of an
insurance policy that an insurance agent sells. Inspectors and appraisers are not insurance
licensed.  Someone who estimates damage to an automobile, but who does not settle claims or
discuss coverage, is often referred to as an auto appraiser, but that's not a licensed profession. It
does; however, includes a lot of training and often involves professional certifications. There are also
home inspectors and appraisers. Those may be licenses issued by the Texas Real Estate
Commission or some governmental authority.

What are the requirements to be an adjuster?  
There are requirements to get licensed, and there are requirements to get hired. Getting a license
requires the applicant to be at least 18 years old, trustworthy, must have no pending felonies or past
criminal records involving moral turpitude, and pass a test of your competence.  However, it's safe to
say that every company is going to have to be convinced that you are trustworthy, dependable, you
have a measure of common sense, you have a spirit of fairness, you work well with people and you
are willing to work as hard as the situation calls for. Some companies prefer a trainee with no
experience and some require experience because there is no time to train.

How many different types of adjusters are there?
There are three Texas adjuster licenses, but there are dozens of types of adjusters.  They are:
1. Property & Casualty  
Can handle any claim except workers compensation
2. All Lines  Can handle any claim
3. Workers Compensation  Only

Adjusters who hold our Property Casualty Adjuster License and work only catastrophic losses
(declared as such by the appropriate authority) would be referred to as catastrophe adjusters.   
Adjusters who work year round routine assignments like auto accidents, slip-and-fall, house fires,
medical professional liability and water leaks, etc, are licensed the same way and likely work on the
staff of one particular insurance company or one independent claim company.

How much do adjusters make?    
On the conservative side, adjusters will make anywhere from $22,000 to $250,000. Like any other
profession, it depends upon the adjuster, experience, skills, education, capabilities, common sense,
attitude, willingness to work and weather.

Does Training Unlimited provide financial assistance?
No. There's never been a significant demand for financial assistance. We are proud of the fact that
we have had a number of students sent to us by the Texas Rehabilitation Commission or DARS.

Do adjusters have to have a 4 year degree?   
No. It depends wholly on the company one is attempting to work for.

How much does the Adjuster course cost?    
At this time, our regularly scheduled classes are priced individually at $250.00 in DFW.  It will cost you
$50.00 for the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) to issue your license, and it will cost around
$45.00 for fingerprinting.  

Is Training Unlimited certified by the Department of Insurance?    
Yes, as Provider #127107 for AAA Training Unlimited, and Provider #35045 for S&S Training
Services.  Both companies are
also found on TDI's website. A legal training program requires at least
30 hours of classroom instruction and 10 hours of any other approved method.

Can women be adjusters?  
Of course. This question has come up several times. Don't know why.

Does someone need experience to be an adjuster?   
Naturally, experience may be required in some cases and it may help in others.  However, there are
employers who want people with no experience, because they don't want to have to re-train old

Does Training Unlimited provide job placement?
No.  We will give you a lot of valuable information which will aide you in a job search.

What do I need to bring to class?   
Bring something to write with and an inexpensive calculator. It is a good idea to bring clothing
appropriate for a 20 degree temperature swing.

Is there another test following the Training Unlimited class?   
No. Once you pass our test, there are no other tests for you to take. If one wants to take the Texas
adjuster exam “cold” he or she may do so at the state's designated testing contractor's facility.

What should I study prior to coming to class?
We don't recommend that adjuster candidates attempt to study anything before class other than the
self-study. We'll give you all you can handle in class. It is a very good idea to research and register for
(1) a class on Xactimate software and/or (2) a class in practical adjusting. These are examples of
training that will put you ahead of others when competing for jobs.

I have heard that "disaster adjusting" is easy money. Is that true?
Nothing could be further from the truth and anyone who has perpetuated that notion has never done
it. A cat adjuster can make a lot of money, but there's nothing easy about it.

Criminal Record   
If you have a misdemeanor or felony on your record, whether or not it occurred as a minor, you will
have to provide specific information to the department of insurance. This does not automatically
disqualify you for an adjuster license. You must follow the exact instructions on the TDI application. It
is a good idea for you to phone the Texas Department Of Insurance and ask before incurring any
expense at 512.676.6500 or 866.554.4926.

Split classes   
We have no problem with a student splitting up a class to accommodate the student's schedule as
long as the student completes the appropriate number of hours in class and takes and passes the
final exam.

Special Classes   
We will bring our training program to your location as long as we can agree on a time & price. We've
been to every corner of the country and we've been asked to go to Ireland and to Ontario.

CPCU and AIC   
If you hold either of these professional designations you do not need this class to obtain your Texas
Property Casualty Adjuster license. Contact us or the Texas Department of Insurance (512) 322-3503
for information.

Do I need an all-lines license?   
The only field of adjusting added by the “all-lines” license is workers compensation.
If you don’t intend to handle workers compensation claims,  you don’t need the all lines license.  If
you've been told to obtain an all lines license as a condition of employment
go to our home page and take a look at our on-line all lines adjuster training program.
CALL TO ENROLL:                                            817.261.3108            
(214) 415-7956
(866) 436-7513